January Carole's Corner

January 2014

Every year I promise myself that in the quieter months of November & December I will catch up with all those jobs that are labelled ‘one day.’ Have I got them done? No is the answer to that, again! I have done some of them and one day they may all get done, but by then there will be lots more have joined the never ending pile. Simple rule is, if it’s not for a customer, it goes onto the ‘one day’ pile.
Here is one of my ‘one day’ shelves, not a pretty sight!



So now here we are well into the first month of a new year and I have met lots of lovely new Brides-to-be who have moved into wedding planning mode and many of our Brides returning to carry on with their plans. So the start of 2014 has been a very busy one so far with a long list of weddings for this year I think I am going to be kept out of mischief!
I love sewing and perfecting the fit of a dress, this is something that I have loved doing since my school days, shhhh that’s a long time ago. What many of you don’t know is that I also love creating your invitations to give your guests an insight into your day from the time their invitation drops through their door. The creation of the invitation is the start of the creating and for the day I will create seating plan, post box & place cards all to co-ordinate with the invitation and your day.
Invitations were the start of my business. About 14 years ago, with a business partner, I started making invitations, favours and other customised accessories, making them at home and selling through wedding  and craft fayres. Time moved on and life made many changes and I bought the shop in 2001 with the intention of selling those items from within the shop. There was more space than required for the items sold in the shop area so dresses were introduced and back to my first skill, sewing. As any of you that have visited my shop will know, it is now very full, wedding dresses take a lot of space! Many new customers walk through the door each week and are amazed at the choices on offer. Friendly service is at the top of the list for me, with privacy and discretion on an equal level, it is a privilege to be helping you with your plans, you may walk in as a stranger but you will be a friend very soon.
There is always lots to do when you are helping an long list of Brides-to-be plan the best day of their lives, I am always here to help with many aspects of the build up and your day and love hearing your plans and helping you pull everything together to co-ordinate and flow.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. Carole x


No comments :

Post a Comment